QMath13 Lodging Options:
Blocks of rooms have been reserved at Crowne Plaza Hotel 80 rooms reserved (no code necessary) and Regency Suites Hotel 50 rooms reserved; use the reservation wizard option, enter the dates, and the promotional code QMATH. These blocks will expire on September 7, 2016.
Other Lodging Options:
The following is a list of hotels close to Georgia Tech's campus. Please call for rates and be sure to ask if there is a Georgia Tech rate.
|Atlanta Midtown Courtyard by Marriott
1132 Techwood Drive
| Hampton Inn
244 North Avenue (across the street from campus)
| Georgian Terrace
659 Peachtree Street NE
| Georgia Tech Hotel & Conference Center
800 Spring Street
| Hotel Indigo (formerly Days Inn)
683 Peachtree Street
| Regency Suites
975 West Peachtree Street
If you are traveling to Atlanta for QMATH13 via plane, then the easiest way to reach Tech is the MARTA (~$2.50), though a Taxi is a reasonable option as well (~$35). The subway (MARTA) runs from the airport to within a few blocks of campus. At the airport, follow the signs to MARTA, which is the Atlanta Subway. You'll see the signs after arriving at the baggage claim area.
The airport is the end of the south line. There are a couple of MARTA stations that are close to campus; the North Avenue station is within walking distance and the Midtown station operates a free trolley to campus. Maps below show detailed directions to the venue. To reach campus from the North Avenue station, ride the train north, to the North Ave MARTA station.
- Disembark at the North Avenue Station
- Exit the station to the south (opposite direction of the train)
- Upon exiting the station, walk west along North Avenue and cross the interstate
- Continue on North Avenue and turn right onto Cherry Street.
- Walk past the road barrier and the Skiles building, the second building on the left, continue to the walkway. The Clough building is at the right side of the bottom of the steps descending to the left. Once inside the building go down a flight of steps to the lowest level.
From North Atlanta (I-75/85 Southbound):
- On I-75/85 Southbound, take exit #249D (North Avenue)
- Turn right onto North Avenue
- Continue on North Avenue just before the second red light (Tech Parkway), turn right onto Cherry Street. Visitor parking lots can be found on the map in the footer.
From South Atlanta (I-75/85 Northbound):
- On I-75/85 Northbound, take exit #249D (Spring Street/West Peachtree)
- On the exit ramp, proceed through the first intersection (Spring Street)
- Turn left at the second intersection onto West Peachtree
- Turn left onto North Avenue
- Continue on North Avenue just before the third red light (Tech Parkway), turn right onto Cherry Street. Visitor parking lots can be found on the map in the footer.
Visitor parking lots can be found by clicking the map in the footer and select parking or search for visitor parking. It goes without saying, do not park in any handicapped, reserved or facilities only places.
Many touristic and cultural sites as well as current events are listed at Atlanta.net and Access Atlanta
These websites do not include all cultural and academic events, for additional information about which we refer visitors to:
For restaurant information we suggest Open Table, (a campus map with close-by lunch options will be provided at registration).
Here is a map showing the Clough Undergraduate Learning Center, the Skiles Building, and the locations of nearby places to eat.
Most campus dining options are closed at this time, which is a student recess. On the weekend the Brittain Dining Hall is the only nearby campus cafeteria open for business. Visitors can purchase meals there with credit cards, but cash is not accepted. More options will be open on Monday and Tuesday, including the Highland Bakery in the basement level of the nearby Tech Tower, with sandwiches and other offerings. There are also some fast-food restaurants and a convenience store in the nearby Student Center, which will be open on Monday and Tuesday. Within 10-15 minutes’ walk you will find a selection of restaurants open at normal business hours throughout the conference in these locations:
- 5Th St. at Tech Square has several restaurants between Williams St. and W. Peachtree St. (Note that 5th St. changes its name on campus to Ferst Dr.) Between Williams St. and Spring St. are several fast-food restaurants. Between Spring St. and W. Peachtree St. are
- Marietta St. between Means St. and Northside Dr., including
North Ave.: Also close on North Ave is The Varsity, a classic (1928) locally famous American fast-food joint, featuring
burgers and hot-dogs.
- Peachtree St.: A bit further to the east of campus (20-30 min. by foot from the conference) are many restaurants along banquet on Monday evening will be at Gordon Biersch, just north of the intersection with 6th St. On Peachtree St. we are also partial to Escorpion at the corner of 5th St., and Barraonda at the corner of 3rd St.